Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
A diverse collection of digital musings from Roy and myself. Weighing in at approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will hear (amongst many things) how a .com domain could get you a free trip to the USA and how a certain fruit logo can make you more attractive to other people! – The secrets of sexual attraction are only part of the revelations you’ll hear in another unique episode of the TechBytes show.
* Tablets – Microsoft fails to impress. Is this another market where Microsoft falls flat on its face? [TechRadar]
* Roy makes observations and opinions on the impartiality of tech news sites.
* IE Browser usage decline – If you’ve used IE, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. We also discuss Chromium, Firefox and our personal preferences to browse the world wide web. [CNET]
* The US is trying to extradite UK Pirates! – Get yourself a free trip to the States with a copyright infringing .com or .net domain! [eWeek]
* Toyota is looking to Linux for its future [Linux Foundation]
We also look at Fedora in public libraries, I consider my position on Gnome 3 shell. We look at how Unity is being received now that the dust has settled, how an Apple logo is supposed to make you more appealing to other people and finally a few predictions – Including my Ballmer prediction from last year.
Both myself and Roy have Creative Commons music choices, with my selection being Demon Ridden by Cynicism from the album Portrait of Extinction.
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.