Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
The whole crew is here for episode 52, where we cover a range of topics from the world of tech. This episode is arriving somewhat later than a week, so we have a host of things to discuss and views to get across. One thing that struck me after the show was the lack of Microsoft mention, maybe this is a testament to its declining position in tech, but there is really little news about when it comes to the once mighty company from Redmond.
That being said, without the distractions of Microsoft, we’ve been able to mention some quality packages and in a little different angle for the show, highlighted our differences in a debate about our personal choices of DE.
Todays show includes:
* Apple – The rotten fruit company?
* Linux Kernel 3
* Roy talks about his experiences looking for a graphics card that supports three monitors.
* We debate our DE choices – I’m with Gnome, Roy and Rusty are with KDE, who’s right? Its a kNo_brainer!
* I discuss new distro releases – Sabayon 6 and Peppermint Two
* We have a discussion about cloud computing and the future.
* Canonical is discussed along with Distrowatch ranking however, how much stock can be placed in its stats? I think very little.
Tracks today are:
All this and much more! Listen to the latest episode here:
For those who want to see Rise Up in its original presentation (RSI Mega Demo):
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.