Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
Featured Track: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith.
Episode 30 is hosted over on TechRights
The three of us are present for episode 30. In typical Techbytes fashion we take a topic, discuss, then fork it, going off in an entirely different direction. Today we cover a whole host of subjects, clocking in at a little under 2 hours.
* Talking Linux and FOSS events…..Microsoft sponsporship? Who really wins?
* Microsoft MVP’s – The dangers or merely a title with little real value anymore?
* Nokia “Microsoft Inside”? – Competition for Android?
* From Hero to Zero – Taking the Windows l33t to Linux newb!
* Debian new version released!
* Talking Mint! We are all impressed
* Uniformity on Linux apps? We discussed.
* “Sexy People doing brave things” – Is this a file sharer or Hollywood’s interpretation of a “Pirate”
* We discuss the latest email leak by Anonymous, its implications and what we don’t know about the collection of individuals.
* Pioneer – Brief mention is made of an Elite 2 – Frontier inspired game for Linux. It will bring a tear to the eye of any fan of the game of yesteryear.
* Gordon recommends an audiobook which is free to download:
And finally a link to the author himself. Check him out and support him!
I also offer advice to would be podcasters, but you’ll have to wait until the end to find out what! It will explain my earlier disappearance from the show for a few minutes and maybe serve as a warning!
We hope you enjoy episode 30.
You can also contact me on Skype: tim.openbytes
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.