Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
Featured Track: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith.
You can find the show hosted on TechRights here.
Sadly we are one short today. After wanting to record an impromptu episode Gordon was unavailable to ask, so I’m afraid its up to the Dr and yours truly (with a cowboy hat and goatee beard) to entertain you with this episode. As usual we cover a multitude of topics and I ask you, what better way to spend your friday night than in the company of us two?
Forget the pub, have an evening in with TechBytes!
* Mono & Ubuntu – We discuss issues involving Mono, patent threat?, the future of Ubuntu.
* Moving from Windows, barriers for new users, Wine and why are you holding on to a Windows comforter?
* Winamp and Utorrent – Whats the big deal? A look at two popular packages for the Windows platform that are coming to Linux and ask why?
* Windows Phone 7 – Data gobbling and unlimited data….is it really unlimited? A look at how limited an “unlimited” dataplan may be and in the case of T-Mobile the sanctions that COULD be put into place if you breach it.
* Roy talks about patents and examples why its an important topic you keep in mind. Competition in the courtroom not on the shelf? Why this poses a danger to your software.
* Apple / VLC – The tragic story of a free app with Iphone.
* BSA – Loosing momentum?
You can also contact me on Skype: tim.openbytes
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.