From GNU/Linux to Warhammer & back again!
Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
Rusty is back! And most welcome he is too as we cover a far better organized list of topics. You are going to hear about a selection of topics from around the world of Tech, including conjouring up a rather disturbing image of insecure Mobiles and a showercam featuring the hosts of TechBytes. Interested? Hopefully not.
* Google – Real names, nyms and why its important that you consider what exactly you are giving up when taking on Google services.
* ACS:Law due to face the music in 2012. What will be the outcome? How does the USA differ slightly in its approach of copyright issues?
Track: “End Sequence” by Obsidian Shell
* Android Tablet devices – $199 – We discuss.
Track: “Deeper Conversation” by Yuna
* Linux turns 20 and celebrates win as well as Kernal.org being hacked.
* Nokia feeding patent troll MOSAID to attack Microsoft rivals like Android.
* Class lawsuit over Windows Phone 7
* iPad losing market share to Linux/Android
* Amazon Kindle tablet coming before Christmas?
Track: “One More Workout Shawty” by DJ Car Stereo (Wars)
* Cablegate reveals diplomats batting for Microsoft and defaming Linux.
* Red Hat’s RHEL 7 ideas crowdsourced
* Ubuntu approaches release with a new beta and another Ubuntu derived distro you should take a look at.
The show is then played out with another choice by Roy: “Mi Compadre Bernabe” by Cerronato
Get this episode here: http://techrights.org/2011/09/05/techbytes-episode-59/
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.