From GNU/Linux to Warhammer & back again!
Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
After a brilliant episode of Doctor Who, we present you with Episode 45 with your Linux/Foss favourites Roy and Tim! We’ve got a selection of creative commons music for you to enjoy whilst we discuss some topics in recent tech news.
Today’s topics covered:
* Skype – What will this mean for users? What will it mean for Microsoft? But more importantly, what will it mean for TechBytes?
* Facebook – PR Agencies, allegations of smear campaigns – its allegedly dirty tricks ahoy. Sadly though it comes as no surprise as I think we’ve seen this type of behaviour from others many times before.
* Brand identity
* Linux V Windows security
* Linux and the alleged 1% market share. Fact or FUD? Forget stats lets look at hard cash from cross-platform products!
* PSN still down – How much longer?
* Commodore 64 rebirth – Linux style! The retro machine with modern hardware.
* Rent your PC - the future?
* Linux gaming – A reason to look forward.
We also briefly mention the “illegal” Bittorrent protocol with reference in particular to the Creative Commons – Pioneer One, which you really should support and share.
We make a request for any Windows/Microsoft advocate to come on the show, it would make for a very interesting debate.
As always your listening is appreciated, TechBytes is a show produced under the banner of Bytes Media which encompasses all of the collaboration projects currently in production.
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.