December 20, 2010 by openbytes
Intro music: “I fought the troll” by Tom Smith. You can find more of his work here.
Featured Track: “Harold T Wilkins” by Fanfarlo (from SXSW 2009 Showcasing Artists)
Todays show covers a mix of subjects with a discussion at the end towards the topic of trolling and unpleasant people in general. There has been many comments directed towards us in regards to our views and its hoped that the discussion at the end of the show will set the record straight on many of these accusations. We examine the concept of “troll” and how it appears now to be a generic insult with little meaning.
* The ministry of silly lawsuits – Gordon talks about “Cars” Tech Dirt
* Hello Dolly – WordPress copyright infringment? Tech Dirt
* Spains file-sharing protest – A good idea? Torrent Freak
* Twitter in the court room? Google News
* We talk some new Linux distro releases and Linux on a netbook. XP? Not fit for purpose? OpenBytes
* Trolls, boosters, advocates – we discuss them all and manage to name none of them.
* Comments about blogging! Myself, Roy and Gordon give views on being a blogger and our feelings about writing online in general.
You can find this show hosted at TechRights here.
You can also contact me on Skype: tim.openbytes
If you are new to this blog (or have not yet read it) please take time to view the OpenBytes statement, here.